Welcome to Our Practice
This is an Update on the Measures Our Office are taking to Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus
As concerns about Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) grow, I feel it important to share that our office has and always will monitor and follow the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and NC State Health Department guidelines for infection control and prevention.
Considering the potential risks associated with COVID-19, our office has adopted protocols for the health and safety of our patients and staff. Many of these protocols will not affect patient care. However, if you have an upcoming appointment with us, I ask that you review the following protocols that will affect patients directly:
• Any patient experiencing signs of illness (i.e. coughing, sneezing, fever, runny nose, flu like symptoms and/or upper respiratory symptoms, etc.) are asked to reschedule their appointment until they have been symptom free without medication for at least 48 hours. If you arrive to your appointment sick, you will not be treated. Providers are not permitted to treat patients experiencing signs of illness.
• If you have traveled internationally or been on a cruise within the last 30 days, we request you delay your appointment with our office until you have been home 21 days and have remained symptom free.
• Patients will be prompted to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands when they check in & Temperature will be checked.
• Patients will be asked to rinse with an antimicrobial mouth rinse before treatment begins.
• Staff members are not permitted to touch patient personal items such as handbags or cellphones.
I will continue to monitor CDC and state health department recommendations as they pertain to COVID-19 and inform you of any additional changes if they arise. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time. If you have any questions about your upcoming appointment or these protocols, please feel free to contact our office for more information.
J. Michael Puckett, DDS, PA